Tuesday, June 3, 2008

boom. boom. boom. BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!

That was the sound of an electrical transformer exploding some twenty feet from my porch nearly an hour ago. I had called the fire dept. since the same transformer played make-believe Roman candle roughly a half hour prior to that. The explosion didn't really excite the firemen much and they mostly leaned against their supervisor's SUV watching for the adjacent trees to catch fire. Happily the trees have not caught fire.

On to the Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Hand-Crafted IMPERIAL India Pale Ale....

I like it. It has a nice tartness and solid malts. Aromatic, this beer is not. And something magical and beautiful happened when I decanted this brew. The color is brilliant. Somehow this beer is exactly what I want from an IPA. This either means I have exquisite taste, or that the Green Flash is merely run-of-the-mill.

I would certainly drink this again. 4/5

No comments: