Espresso Oak Aged Yetti's best attribute is the Sasquatch drinking a coffee on the label.
Chris says too much bitter coffee and not enough vanilla. B
Barry says this beer is a bit disjointed, with not enough of a coffee presence. Oak is too woody, almost like licking a gerbil's balsa wood treat. B-
Hop Stoopid
Chris says 10% too much hops. Grapefruit analysis concurred. I like it better than the Flossmoor. B +
Barry says Yum. A
J.W. Lees Harvest Ale
Chris says tastes like caramel, vanilla ice cream. A
Barry says this is what I'd like a barley wine to taste like. Apple saucy, caramel, vanilla, sweet but avoids clying sweetness. Mellow with ridiculous sediment. A
Flossmoor X-IPA
Beer tastes like a forest. Chris thinks it could be hung from the rear view mirror. Very piney with a bitter finish.
Chris B
Barry B +
Ten Fidy
Chris - comfort beer, like endangered species dark chocolate bar A
Barry - sweet chocolate cherry sundae, lacks the bitterness I enjoy in big stouts B
5 comments:
Did you guys tie, or quit keeping score?
Ten Fidy is almost a perfect chocolate bomb.
We tied all the back nine skins until the 18th, which I won with a 2 iron approach and 60 ft. 2 putt. It was pretty intense.
I was a bit disappointed with the Ten Fidy.
I liked Storm King much better.
Viva Storm King. Maybe I'll go pick up a six.
Post a Comment