Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Under-rated/Forgotten?


Bell's Expedition Stout. Barry and I saw this on the shelf last week listed as a 99/100 beer and thus thought it deserved a second taste. It most definitely does. Roasy, hoppy, chewy. Just sweet enough with a little fruity hint, but still has a nice bite to it. This is super tasty. I'm a big fan. Not sure why we haven't been more excited by this. A/A-

6 comments:

Barry said...

I wanted to drink this at mini Beerfest. I'm glad you dug it. I'll try and find one.

Chris Ferguson said...

I'll get another one too...they are pretty plentiful here.

피터 said...

I had one last week right after finishing off my last Weyerbacher Heresy.

The Heresy was great.

Duane do you have any left from last summer?

Chris Ferguson said...

Was that a Bell's zing Pete? Or just a separate statement of Heresy's awesomeness?

피터 said...

No zing intended. Long live Bell's (two hearted).

Chris Ferguson said...

I had another one of these tonight and was less impressed. I found a cheap 6pack that was pretty dusty, so I was kind of hoping they were old and mellow, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'll stash a few away for second opinions in June.