Face/Off - Central Waters Style
In this corner, Peruvian Morning: soft on the nose with increasing notes of vanilla as it warms. Coffee up front, bourbon in the rear smacks of cola. Lighter in body, though highly carbonated, and redder in color.
The opponent, Bourbon Barrel Stout 10': smells stronger, darker in color, more bourbon forward with quite a bit of raisin and sweet cake batter. Bourbon here is quite cola-y as well and the body is thicker but this beer is also highly carbonated.
The verdict: depends on your bag. Both are solid, but the carbonation detracts. While both good bourbon beers, neither has the bourbon quality I prefer.
5 comments:
Your blogging is par excellence!
Wish I was there for a Borth2Borth. If you have any left, give it another review.
The best Bourbon beer I ever drank was the Barrel aged Jolly Roger at Otto's.
Here to serve your blogging needs Pete
B2B will also be here when you return in April
Thumbs up on the review, thumbs down to the face/off reference...one of my top ten least favorite movies of all time.
Agreed...it's a complete pile of shit. I was just lookin' for a little perceptive reading......well done.
Nick Cage = complete Deutsch Bank
I like them both. Not Backwoods-good, but pretty great none-the-less
I wish Central waters could do IPA's half as well as they do stouts. Oh well...I guess that's what Tyrannena's for.
Also, FYI I put in a request to reserve some Founder's Nemesis and Bell's 9000. My shop is supposed to be getting a case of each - I'll try to get as much as I can.
Post a Comment