Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Meany


The setting: Sun falling in the sky, post-run muscle soreness, a bit of apprehension on whether this beer has survived a brief freezing, and "Business Time" via the Conchords is kickin' on the t.v. Enter Mean Manalishi. This beer has crazy scents going on. Fresh hops, jalapeno baked bread, caramel/coconut candies that you get from those big bins (Brach's?), and some other mystery scent that I've spent twenty minutes sniffing for. Help...suggestions? Complex. Chewy mouthfeel, alcohol well hidden in taste, spicy (jalapenos again), malty and caramelly. I want to drink this often, as there is something about this beer I can't place.

4.4/5

Further analysis needed

2 comments:

피터 said...

I guess Hoppin' Frog survived the freezing process. What's the beer capacity in your beverage fridge?

How many BTU's?

Jalapenos? I'll try another one on Wednesday at Zeno's and see what I discern.

Barry said...

About a case...however, it may be more if I can stop this whole freezing thing...I want a full report on your observations of the Mean