Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meh-lan's


There was a new brand at the store today: Moylan's. I knew I'd seen some of you blog about this, but couldn't remember if it was positive or negative, so I picked up an Imperial IPA, thinking I couldn't go far wrong there, even if it was bad. That part of the logic was correct... even though this wasn't my favorite beer, it was still a double IPA, so it was still great. I think it was a little too west coast, a little too hoppy and bitter for my taste. Also, the label is literally littered with self-congradulatory awards and beer fest medals. Come on Moylan's... you're trying too hard. I don't care if you were the Alpha King award winner in '01 and '02 - what have you done for me lately? Overall grade: B-

1 comment:

Barry said...

stick it to those bastards! Seriously though, I found their beers to be rather meh as well. They do pimp their beers pretty hard on the labels as well.

As an aside, Duane i had that Double IPA from Wausau, and it was really good. The Malt House is solid.