Thursday, April 30, 2009

Opened up one of these the other night. I think it could really stand some cellaring to mellow out a bit. It could be that my palate was still overwhelmed from the weekend, but it was a little harsh for my taste. I think 3-6 months and it would be great. I'm hoping they still have some for me to put away, or at least one to put away for June.

6 comments:

Barry said...

Is this the same beer that's been out forever in 12 oz bottles and now in 22's? If there any difference?

If not, I wasn't a huge fan either, and I gave it two shots.

Chris Ferguson said...

I've never seen it in 12oz-ers, but maybe?

I think this particular batch just came out at the start of April.

It's different from the Bitter Chocolate one that I loved and the rest of you didn't.

milwaukeeclassic said...

The 12 oz is 08 bottles.

Barry said...

Thank you Duane, for your insightful analysis. I didn't particularly dig the 08 then.

milwaukeeclassic said...

I'm bringing an 06 for Stout Fest. if that isn't good, then we'll know that we don't like it.

Chris Ferguson said...

I got another 09 the other day too. We can compare.