Well, I fell for buying another Breckenridge beer despite my almost universal hatred of every one of theirs I've tried (the 471 small batch I like). I bought this about 2 or 3 months ago during my Christmas/Holiday beer period and its been clogging up valuable fridge real estate so I thought I'd put an end to it tonight. This does not fall into either of the Christmas categories I like: funky porters/stouts (ie: Alpha Klaus) or spicy Belgians (ie: delerium noel, etc.). Instead, this is closer to the Anchor one...I guess I would describe it as a spicy dunkel? I don't know...think 2 Brothers Bonfire but worse.
I guess to be fair, it has improved a bit as it warms up and is no longer the drain pour it was on the first sip, but its still not good, and has a distinct headache feeling building as I make my way through it. Bottom line: in the words of Lars Ulrich's dad "I would delete that"
Grade: D+
ps... watching the Reds game in the bottom of the 12th right now. I really wish we had a left fielder who could make contact with the ball once or twice a game. We are really wasting some amazing pitching with one of the worst offenses ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment