Thursday, June 11, 2009

A day of practice and preparation

Just finished up a round of 57 on the links. Unfortunately, that was 1-over, not 15-under, but still not too shabby. Early reports of my increased distance seem to be a bit overstated when things translate to the actual course, but I think I was still hitting it a half to three quarters of a club further, and was all over the pin all day, which was nice. It is about 90 degrees out and 90% humidity...I'm pretty worn out, even from walking a 4500 yd course. I think I'll be getting a cart this weekend, although the forecast as of this moment is looking pretty good - high 70's and sunny both days for a 9/10 golf index on weather.com. Take that with a grain of salt though, because yesterday they were predicting a 2/10.

Next on the agenda is to pound a Dark Lord or two and I should be all set for a weekend of no-goodery.

4 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

by the way, is anyone bringing anything in cans that is suitable for golfing, or should I load up on some Caldera's?

피터 said...

90F yikes!

Nice playin'.

I have no canned brews unfortunately.

Barry said...

No Surly

Caldera and Golf go nicely together

Chris Ferguson said...

Bad news...they were out of Caldera today.

If anyone wants anything semi craftbrewish for golf, I think it's going to have to come from you guys...maybe some Capital or something? Otherwise the only options down here are the regular macro things (and, I guess, fat tire)