Things are gearing up for the insanity that will be Beer Fest weekend. I am not sure what the exact schedule is but I know we will be at Maduro (Stone will be there, but Maduro is always nuts so not sure we will be there long), Dexter's (has Dark Horse at 8pm, Great Lakes prior to that) and Glass Nickel on Atwood. Glass Nickel is an odd place, but they are the host of the party for this "new" online beer community Duane has been hanging out at (www.thebeerspot.com). Surly and Founder's will be at Glass Nickel.
Dexter's is having breakfast and a bus to the Great Taste, so we are taking advantage of that. I don't know about food though, that seemed to be one of the slip ups last year. There is food at the park, but the lines can be long and the food can be expensive. You are allowed to bring a cooler, but I don't know how that will work with taking the bus.
Duane says he won't be as crazy as he was last year with trying to sample as many beers as possible, you know his tastes have gotten more sophisticated. I am looking at the program as we speak figuring out what I want to try.
We will miss you this year Pete!
2 comments:
Thanks for the messages!
What was best of the fest??
Nectarine Dark Trippel from The Livery in Michigan!
Post a Comment