
Went to a German styled bar last night called Oktoberfest. Before going out, I was under the impression I was attending an actual Oktoberfest.
The beer was kind of shitty, but not terrible. So far, the brewpubs I've been to have given me a hangover and in general sucked. And all have been all-you-can-drink for "man won" (about 8 US dollars). My kingdom for an American Double IPA.
The people I was with were western (mostly American) a-holes. Haven't found any good beers or friends yet. To wit: one of the guys got us in trouble for throwing breadsticks at another table. WTF? It reminded me of the time I was at the terrace with Mel, Mark, Kristen and some others when a guy at our table stole the jacket from the drummer of the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. And then threw firecrackers into the crowd behind us.
Haven't had an IPA, driven a car, or used a fork in four weeks.
All is not bad, however. Hiked my fifth mountain in Korea on Friday and then ate an incredible feast afterward. Viva Pork. Makkoli is my favorite traditional beverage here.
Drinking a Cass, which if you read the can says, "SOUND OF VITALITY." Your guess is as good as mine.
7 comments:
Things that should happen:
1. Pete returns to Madison
2. All NY Yankees instantaneously vaporized by Kang and Kodos types creatures.
3. A brew pub//good beer/good music bar is opened on the west side by all of us.
4. Summer comes back and stays year round
That is all
I concur.
But, will there ever be a rainbow?
By the way, how are my picks doing in the fantasy league?
Dude, every beer I ever drank in Japan gave me a weekend-ruining massive hangover, which is sad because there were a lot of those all-you-can-drink places. It ruined binge drinking for me forever. Or even having more than two beers in an evening. They were also awful beers that all tasted skunky to me. Sapporo was hard to find, and even then it wasn't the Good Kind of Sapporo (that they save for exporting).
I was also there that terrace night. Lame.
Come home Pete!
At this point I am forgoing all-you-can-drink nights until I get back, get back, get back from where I once belonged.
They have sapporo and another Japanese beer here, but all imports are triple the price of domestic (and the available imports are weak to begin with). So I will stick with Cass, which is consistent.
I thought you were there Chris!
Is that some sort of tooth-shaped dental floss container in that picture, or something entirely more weird?
I like-a the tooth.
Post a Comment