Uber dark pour loses its head quicker than Anne Boleyn.
Sweet malts, subdued chocolate, and a fruity berry quality rule the nose.
Taste is far less muddled that my initial tasting after DLD, when this beer was a hot, diesel mess. Dark Lord grips the tongue with a vibrant sweetness. Strong cranberry presence, muted coffee, dab of chocolate, topped with vanilla. A biting tartness slips in at the end, confirming the cranberry essence that I've only experienced with Darkness. Interesting. Strangely, there are qualities that remind me of a Dairy Queen sundae replete with strawberry topping.
Consistency of a sundae topping, though not as full as I'd expect. A bit thin, but very oily/syrupy at the same time: more olive oil than 10W30.
Alcohol is very well hidden and I truly believe this bottle has benefited from a bit of time to settle down.
3 comments:
Is that Zoey drinking Darklord?
I had one in Cincy before I left with some HS friends. They thought it was outstanding. I remember it imp-proooved a lot as it warmed up.
... watching Sunday Night Football on a Monday morning. Nice way to start the work week.
I love this quote "more olive oil than 10W30"
Wishing I'd saved a bottle or two instead of downing them all at once this summer!
Also, I can't believe Zoe is living through all these high alcohol beers. You're tempting fate Mr. Walsh.
Post a Comment