Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hey, Hey, Hey.....


It's Black Albert

Belgian dubbelishness meets big boy stout

Maraschino cherry and almond on the nose

Bitter grip up front and on the tongue is pimp slapped by intense sweetness on the back end

Highly carbonated and pillowy softness makes for a nice mouthfeel

I drink more to get a grip on the style than to battle 13% of the Albert

A -

4 comments:

Carey said...

This is the beer we chased in Brugge. There was one restaurant that had it on tap. The first night we were in town, we went by the place but didn't go in (fancy place, no separate bar). The next day we went at lunchtime, they were closed that day! The last day we were in town, we went before we left, right after they opened. I had a coke, Duane had a 13% beer. He loved it though!

Barry said...

was it this 13% beer?

Carey said...

Yes, it was the Black Albert. I was commenting on the fact that he had a 13% beer at noon. :)

Chris Ferguson said...

There's no wrong time to drink a good beer.

Also Barry, great title/first sentence. Next time I want it recorded with some audio of you doing a Cosby voice.