Thursday, January 28, 2010

Road trip this Saturday!


Central Waters is having an anniversary party on Saturday.  Doors open at 3pm, live music at 7pm, and special tappings all day long.  We are going, but I don't know when exactly.  Barry and Kathleen, you are welcome to join us if you are free!  It is 2 hours from Madison, (Chris, 2 hours 45 minutes from Eau Claire but you go through Wausau so you could always stop at Red Eye!).  There is this Italian restaurant in Plover that has this great appetizer.  Think Little Ceasar's crazy bread covered in mozzarella!!

8 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

I wish I could...I'm going to be in scramble mode all weekend I think. I found out tuesday one of my colleagues is leaving to take another job (she told us this week on the first day of class, and is leaving next week) which means I have to pick up an extra class and an extra independent study supervision. So, I'm now teaching more than Barry probably and have 5 classes + 2 different independent studies. I'm fucked. But, also that means I have to get a whole extra course ready this weekend to start next week.

Needless to say, not too happy about this. If anyone knows of a better job, let me know. I'm thinking something along the lines of brewpub taste-tester, but am open to suggestions.

Carey said...

More work for same money, or do you get a bump in salary for taking over an extra class? You could have my job (trust me you don't want it).

Barry said...

I'd love to go as well, but no-can-do. I'd love to put in an order for bourbon barrel anything other than barleywine. Definitely would like me some Peruvian Morning. Yeah, a whole shit ton of that beast. Seriously, Duane and Carey. I'd love some bottles if you have room.

Chris, sounds like you're takin' one in the pooper. Sorry bud. When I come up and drown yer' sorrows?

피터 said...

You should ask for a 25% (or slightly more even) raise for the semester.

Do not be shy!

Chris Ferguson said...

How was it? Wishing I'd gone.

After spending a fairly big chunk of time setting up my webpage and online materials, etc for the new class that got dumped on me today that class got taken away and I got a different one dumped on me. Here I go again doing it all over again now. I'm about ready to punch someone in the face.

Barry said...

Chris, that blows. If nothing else, I'm still glad you moved back.

Carey said...

It was a really good time, except for some of the beer dorks. There was a tasting table and lots of tasty Central Waters beer. Some of the bartenders were drunk, so you know they were having fun. The lack of food was really the minus, only brats/chips and nothing nearby. Sorry Barry, but we didn't buy any beer. The bourbon stuff was only available in cases (I think because it wasn't advertised anywhere that it was available).

Barry said...

No worries...thanks for thinking of me! Sounds like it was a good time..