Thursday, January 14, 2010

Toronado Tap Room

Thinking about it a little more this morning, I really liked the Toronade. The beer selection is solid, but I am pretty sure that there are places in Madison which top it. The beers are cheap. Four dollars a pint. The neighborhood reminds me of the East Village. Plus it was easy to get there - the 6, 7 and 71 buses stop right outside the front door. (It helped having a local with me.)

Smallish place. Bar along the right hand side when you walk in, second room to the left, which is like a rec room. They have several more cask conditioned beers in a closet behind the bar. I was with my friend Julie and we sat in a corner table with two other women. Pretty girls, good beer. Can't complain.

No food, but there is a pizza place next door and a sausage place on the other side the entrance and you can carry in. We had pizza.

Now to the beers: For me it was mainly a Russian River night: Pliny the Elder, Consecration and Damnation. I also had a Casey Jones IPA. Can't remember the brewery.

Consecration was terrific.

6 comments:

Barry said...

consecration is very nice

drink the hell out of the beer there, cause it's cat piss back across the pond

피터 said...

You got that right. Lagunitas Maximus in my pie hole as I type.

San Fran is awesome!

milwaukeeclassic said...

I love Consecration, but that beer gives me the worst heartburn.

피터 said...

That's funny about consecration b/c today I've been having the same.

Chris Ferguson said...

How is the non-beer part of the San Fran trip going?

피터 said...

No interviews. That's okay with me for now.

I got invited to Germany for a week in April and to Edinburgh in July. Looking like I will fly around the world in July. Nice!