Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Matacabras

New one from Dave's Brew Farm... Should make the hippie treehugers in
the audiance happy ( I'm looking at you Lewon Residents) since it's
all organic/carbon neutral/produced from the energy of ground up
rainbows. It also tastes pretty good. It's a Belgian style that is
kind of like a cross between saison and strong ale. It's just a
little too much on the yeast bomb side of being great for my taste. I
do like the buttery mouthfeel and Candi sugarosity. Nice and boosy
( or "warming" if you prefer) and also dirt cheap. I got a single for
1.49 and they had 7.00 6 packs which is a pretty good deal for an 8%
beer in my book. I'll probably give it another go, I just wish the
yeast was toned down a bit. Question for the brewers- would the
yeastyness dissapate with aging?

6 comments:

Barry said...

If there are still fermentable sugars, then the yeast still wants to work. Short answer, yes. Yes, it might.

Secondary note, New Belgium Ranger is bad. Really not enjoying it.

Chris Ferguson said...

False. I really like Ranger. It is my new $8/6pack fridge stocking session beer

milwaukeeclassic said...

Both false. Ranger is decent, but nowhere close to supplanting Ambergeddon as my $8/6 pack beer.

Barry said...

Thrice false...it's far too abrasive for a 6.5% beer....kinda off putting and that's from a guy who digs the hops. I have yet to find my 8 dollar six pack, bit it's certainly more Ambergeddon than Ranger.

KV said...

What is this, the McLaughlin Group? "And the answer is: false. IPAs suck."

Barry said...

Wrong!