Sunday, February 14, 2010

Summer plans

Just putting out some feelers:

Would there be interest from any of you in staying at the Venit beach house in Delaware (near Rehobeth Beach, home of a certain Dogfish Head brewery) for a long weekend or a week sometime this summer? I'm not sure if I'll be able to get us a slot, but wanted to check with you all before I tried. It would mean either driving for 20 hours each way or flying and then renting a car, but the house would be free, so there's that.

For those of you unfamiliar with the mid-Atlantic shore, the water tends to be chilly and they're not exactly white-sand beaches, but the house is only half a block from the water and it's a private beach just for the people in the development. Sadly, only Venit family dogs are allowed. :(

Anyway, let me know if I should see what I can get, whether I'm looking for a long weekend or a week, and when during this summer would be good.

10 comments:

Barry said...

yes..interest verified...yes

KV said...

But when, pray tell? When would you be available?

milwaukeeclassic said...

What is the definition of "Venit family dog"? does that mean Harper can come or can't come?

KV said...

Harper is a Venit family dog. The frowny face was because Brisco, Zoe, and Schnitzel aren't.

Carey said...

No worries, driving across country with either of our dogs would be a challenge. :) I can't wait to see if Schnitzel likes to swim!

Carey said...

Oh and we have a week in June (second week maybe) that is out for us, otherwise we are pretty available.

Barry said...

I'd say start of August would be SOLID

피터 said...

Beach? DFH? Go for it. I might still be here, but if not I will go. And in that case any weekend will do just fine. If'n I'm out of the country then a simulcast will be required!

KV said...

Hey Peter, when WILL you be home? We're just sort of wondering in a general sort of way, not necessarily related to the beach.

피터 said...

Not sure, KV.

Though not for a lack of thinking about it...

At the moment it looks like June will be the next visit. (Wow typing that makes it seem a long time from now...)