Monday, April 12, 2010

Job at Tyranena

Tyranena's Beer Ambassador is leaving and they will be accepting applications soon.  I am thinking about applying for the job, anyone think I would be good at convincing people to buy beer?  :)  It could potentially be a lot of travel (they are thinking of splitting the area covered by two people, so if they did so it wouldn't be as much travel).  It would also mean working for Rob, who is known as a sexist ass.

Any thoughts?

7 comments:

피터 said...

Apply!!!

I for one think Tyranena will be around for a long time.

We don't want you to have a bad boss, but you can consider that decision later in the process. And you can get an idea about them during the interview.

Chris Ferguson said...

True, no harm in applying, right?

I for one will need lots of free samples though before I'm convinced to buy your beer. Probably a case a week for a few months at least before I can really get a good sense of it.

Barry said...

What does this job entail? I almost applied for the assistant brewer position awhile back. I am curious...

피터 said...

Barry, this is kind of a bombshell. Tell me more.

Carey said...

You are basically a beer rep, which means you go to beer events, check in with accounts, that kind of thing. Jessie currently covers MN, WI, IL, and IN which is why they are thinking of hiring 2 people. Expansion into Kentucky and Ohio is in the works as well. Lots of travel, 50-60 hour work weeks, shmoozing, etc. She told me her salary is $38,000 but there is some kind of bonus structure as well.

Barry said...

Nothing to tell really....the old assistant brewer left and they weren't requiring experience. Heard the guy that actually got the job couldn't even pronounce the brewery name. Pretty lame, Milhouse.

On the other end, seems like alot of ass puckering and long hours for little pay, but hell it's kinda like what I do now! I may apply too!

milwaukeeclassic said...

No job stealing Barry!