"I'm back."
HopArt
Pours quite hazy medium orange with a nice head and consistent bubbles throughout.
Slightly faint on the nose. Sawdust, bitter tangerine, and plenty of bready malt. Continual agitation reveals the bottom of a Del Monte tin and a fair share of alcohol fumes. Good, but not as vivid as I'd hoped for.
HopArt comes ready to fight. Rough and tumble bitterness and citric rind on a heavy wave of malt that shows itself as caramel and wafer crackers. Finish is slightly boozy, but appropriately so for the abv and never really detracts.
Sticky and slightly chewy body makes this near full bodied. Carbonation is well done and helps carry this pummeling fight through to the finish. A-
Knuckle Sandwich
Burgundy with a consistent quarter inch head and minimal bubbleage
Once opened and even prior to being poured, this beer can be detected from across the room. As odd as it may sound, predominant scents include fresh sliced pineapple and hot oven baked pie. Really it's quite appealing.
Tastes like it smells. Caramel sweet pie, pineapple, whipped cream, and crust. Drinks like a dessert. Minimal heat on the back end is very welcome considering the 10% tag. Certainly not a hop bomb, but all the elements of a solid DIPA are here. solid A
Smooth and viscous; an enjoyable treat.
2 comments:
You have a good nose for CA beers.
I'm still living in the land of crappy lagers. Had some Dunkel at a brew pub about a week ago. The picture turned out bad so I didn't post.
Lately I've decided the local drink, makkoli, is the way forward. Plenty of variety to be had.
I will post more as they come.
And I'm going to the beach this weekend. A modicum of mayhem I presume will take place.
If it's only a modicum then you're simply not doing your job!
P.S. Blog this makkoli, since I have no idea what that is.
Post a Comment