Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Nemesis (and no, I'm not talking about any of you .... or am I?)

Had an '010 Nemesis the other night. Not sure what to make of it. I'm bracing myself for an onslaught of "black _______(fill in the style)" beers in the next couple of years. Black barleywine looks suspiciously like regular barleywine but has a slight burnt toast-ness too it. I think this would have benefitted from a little aging, but wanted to try one while the hops were still hot.

In retrospect, I don't think I drank it at the right time... had it when I got home from being at work from 6am to 8pm and during the brief period before I passed out from exhaustion, thus didn't really so much get to savor it as drink it in a hazy fog. Unfortunately, I only was able to get 2 and kind of want to save the other one for an eventual Nemesis vertical, so the world may never know my true thoughts.

Grade: Incomplete.

1 comment:

Barry said...

wasn't a real big fan

work is for suckers Chris and teaching is a rough gig. Huzzah professor!