Last night I went out with our department's speaker for happy hour. He was from Minnesota and was my kind of guy. We sat down to order and he said "I better order two to start off, I'm pretty thirsty." He then proceeded to pound 5 in about an hour. Not to be rude, I also kept up. Beers enjoyed by me included: Two founder's Red's Ryes, A Two brothers' Dunkel, a Breakfast Stout, and a Delirium Noel. All on tap. I'm very happy that our new departmental tradition is to have the department pay for the grad students to go to happy hour after the talks, and also happy that as the senior scholar among that group, I usually pick where we go.
Of the new ones on that list, the Two Brothers was actually really good as was the Noel. Both were A's.
No comments:
Post a Comment