Monday, December 1, 2008

Mega Post part 2


Continued from below:

5) Avery Maharajah Double IPA: Had this one on tap in Denver where it was much better. Out of the bottle it has a slight battery acid funk to it. Didn't love it. Let's say B-







6) Great Divide Hades Belgian Pale Ale. This is a total Katie beer, but I liked it too. Slight sourness, great flavor, nice and crisp. I liked it a lot. I don't think I've had a Great Divide I didn't like, although the new labels are a little too Brekenridge-ish for my taste. Grade: A-



7) Troeganator Dopplebock: Courtesy of Mr. Spaeth. This was pretty good, but probably not as good as the label would suggest. Not my favorite, but I think it's because I don't love dopplebocks. I'll give it a B-

8) Weyerbacker XIII: Also courtesy of Pete. This was killer. It tastes almost just like World Wide Stout to me, without the wicked hangover. I think this is what sposborth whiskey java would taste like if it were double the alchohol content. A+

9) One more Nittany Tide beer: Penn-demonium. Maybe the biggest surprise of the Pete batch so far. I thought this was fantastic. It's a bock, and oddly enough both Katie and I agreed that it was great. I would drink this repetitively if I lived in Pennsylvania. Great maltyness with just barely enough bitterness to balance it out. Another A+

1 comment:

Barry said...

I agree that Maharaja sucks. You are generous with a B-.

I'm looking forward to the Broo Doo and Weyerbacher, and the Hades, all of which I have. I'll be sure to compare to your palate.