Friday, January 16, 2009

Great day or The Greatest day?


Also, FYI Barry, they were $16 a 6-pack. I bought the last 3 they had.

Edit: Ok, I've now cracked one open and am drinking it. It defiantly tastes a little different to me. I think it is a little more bitter and hoppy and a little less sweet and malty. This may now be Barry's perfect beer. It's still great, but I don't think I taste the honey quite as much. Could be my imagination.

Edit 2: Upon further reflection, this difference is pretty small. It may be a bit hoppier, but is really pretty similar. Also, on an unrelated note, I'm making chili for dinner, which combined with the 'Slam would probably make my house Pete's favorite place on earth right now.

5 comments:

Barry said...

I had a similar feeling, certainly more bitter and less "green apple" taste than I remember. I had a 2008 last week and this tastes different.

I do, however, like it a lot. It gets me pretty buzzed and, for the most part, hides the alcohol pretty well.

Enjoy that purchase. What bombers did you get?

Chris Ferguson said...

They are all repeat bombers of stuff I know I like: 2 brothers Bonfire, Stone Imperial Chocolate, and 2 Brothers HopJuice

Barry said...

For some reason, we don't get Hop Juice in Madison, just back home.

Also, I had the Bonfire on tap back in Naperville in a beer flight, and the entire table agreed it was a drainpour. When you drink it, please blog it. I'd like to hear your impressions.

Third, we had a beer tasting last night, and Hopslam was universally loved, and voted number 1.

Chris Ferguson said...

I actually love Bonfire. I've had it both in the bottle and on tap and liked it both ways. I'll give the official analysis again when I have this one.

Also, this year's HopJuice is a big improvement over the last batch I think. I'll try to bring you one when I come up.

Barry said...

I think you should!