Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mystery Sposborth

Prepour
Midpour
Almost full
Finished
I have a plain bottle labeled OD DS (1) on the cap in black marker. What will I be drinking?

Update from the brewer

I am pleasantly surprised by the Odds and Ends Stout. This has been in the bottle for about six months. The head is on par with a nitrous poured Guinness.

There were no coffee additions to this batch, I think, but I could be wrong. I will look at the archives.

I detect the rubber flavor too. I think this is the result of a too high mash temperature. The more recent version which is not bottled yet addresses this. I will bottle soon so that version 2 is ready for beerfest.

7 comments:

피터 said...

Not telling yet. I just put one in the ice box to have in a few minutes.

Barry said...

Just popped it and poured it, nice.

Barry said...

Bitter coffee, a charred quality, hops,a rubber glove (which I also detected in Storm King, nice head retention.....

Chris Ferguson said...

Is it named after the Band song?

피터 said...

Yessir

Barry said...

Interesting...you claim no coffee? Wha sort of hops were used?

I ma drinking a Resurrection IPA, the beer we blind tasted against Sposborth Golden Promise at Duane's one night a few months back. I should brew again, cause I want to make better beer.

피터 said...

I can't find my records. But I think I did not add coffee. It might be the Full Term Stout I blogged about.