Been busy lately, so we have been falling back to the old standbys. Duane has really been enjoying the Bitter Woman in the Rye from Tyranena while I have been sticking with New Glarus. The Black Wheat, Berliner Weiss (new batch is even better), Crack'd Wheat and the Imperial Saison (even Duane likes this one and he hates Saisons) are all excellent. New Glarus beers are one of the good things about living in Wisconsin. Duane did pick up a case of the Berliner Weiss and he does think that it is a beer you can hang on to for awhile. We may even pick up another case, as you never are quite sure when New Glarus will switch production lines.
Last weekend we did crack a Strawberry lambic from Upland. Unfortunately it turned out to be a drain pour. Not much sour or strawberry taste at all. We did enjoy a BORIS, which was tasty as usual.
What does everyone else consider as their old standbys?
5 comments:
Schwarze Weizen ist ein rad dunkelweizen.
duane ist ein douchebag-berliner
I really don't have a standby....is that odd?
My current stand by is Prima Pils.
Mine tend to be double IPAs...hopslam (in season), Ruination, double dog, 90 minute.
Also, of course Pere Jaques when I can get it (I've gone through about 6 4-packs this month).
I'm guessing Furious will be the go-to beer once I move north. Possibly by the keg.
Post a Comment