Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Scratch Series 19

First of all, Coolest Growler Ever. The picture doesn't show it, but there is a big-ass handle strapped to the growler.

So I drove down to Troegs for Scratch 19 today. The batch size was smaller than expected, so only available in growler form. Because I know how you like-a the hard to find stuff, I hand bottled most of it. Will carbonation survive?

We have another entry for the stout-off at beerfest.

7 comments:

Barry said...

Kick ass....how's it taste?

Chris Ferguson said...

You're my hero Pete.

Also, following up on Barry's post... was it actually any good?

피터 said...

I would say good not great.

피터 said...

Opened a small bottle tonight to test carbonation and it is a bit flat. Bummer.

I guess hand bottling filtered beer doesn't work, but has anyone had success doing this?

Barry said...

Damnation.....nice effort

Barry said...

I did it for Duane with some ridiculously expensive Baltic Porter....did it take Duane?

피터 said...

What we will do with 19 is mix it with another stout like storm king.

It will be awesome.