Monday, June 8, 2009

Chicago and a White Whale

Carey and I went to Chicago last weekend to see the Steepwater Band at Metro (without Chris, gasp!) The beer at Metro was awful.

Carey and I both had a $7 Sam Adams Summer Ale...a beer who's disgustingness knows no bounds.

It was bad enough that I had rail gin and tonics and carey had rail vodka cranberries the rest of the night.

After that, we head to the Piece Brewery and Pizzeria. The pie was great...the beers were ok. My Disfunctionale IPA was good. There Hefeweizen was ok and I had another one that was not memorable.

In the afternoon on the next day, we headed to the South Loop Binny's where a White Whale was spotted.

Surly 16 Grit DIPA - This was a very tasty grapefruity DIPA. I don't think I like it as much as Furious, but it was great nonetheless and I'm glad I finally got to try it.

Then we headed to the Local Option, where I had another 16 Grit on tap and Half Acre Daisy Cutter APA, which was good and a Liefsman Goudenband, which was decent, but not sour enough for me. All in all a great weekend

3 comments:

피터 said...

Nice work.

Metro had alpha king when I was there last... I was suffering bad guts sadly. Nonetheless alphas were had by all.

The show was rockin.

Chris Ferguson said...

Please tell me you got some 16grit cans for us?

Barry said...

Unfortunately, it's not canned. Lame