Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bovine University


With Butch Harmon helping me me re-create my golf swing, a solid round of golf was promptly followed by my enrollment in the aforementioned institution of higher learning.

As usual, Three Floyd's offers a beer that takes a bit to wrap your old pud around. Apocalypse Cow pours to a pale orange and smells absolutely scrumptious; one of the better smelling beers in recent memory, a sort of non-descript, but fresh citric blast.

Mouthfeel is very odd and the milk sugar creates a light but full (oxymoronic, but true) tingling sensation. Again, there is an accesible, somewhat muted dance between Apha King and Dreadnaught, where there's an opportunity for over-sweetness, but a bit of warming helps to stay off that line. Sugary half and half fruit finish is slightly confounding. Drinks well for a double.

Hard to describe, difficult to fully understand, enjoyable to drink. I think I dig it.

A -

2 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

dig it

피터 said...

I like the color. I also like your ipa glass.