Friday, March 19, 2010

Coffeest!

Coffeest Day 2: Back for more at Coffeest. (Raise your hand if you can remember going to the Echo Tap for 10 straight days.)

Today we are having macchiato and ham cheese panini. When I walked in John Lee Hooker was playing, ten minutes later David Bromberg and ten minutes after that Tom Waits. The sandwich is great and the coffee is too. It won't be very long until I've tried everything on the menu. I want to move in. The idea of hearing Bromberg in a cafe in Korea is something I'm having difficulty getting my head around.

Day 1: Currently west of the main plaza (광화문) kitty corner from the 성국미술관 (Sungkok Art Museum). Spent a few minutes wandering around until I found it.

They have a coffee roaster the corner, the tables are big and wooden and the sandwiches smell good. Fast internet and the music is at a reasonable volume. The coffee is top notch. The thing is this: the milk is frothed perfectly - still wet and the bubbles are small.

I wish I lived a little closer. Everyone seems to know one another here. I had been going to a nearby Starbucks recently. Not anymore....

(Reminds me of Lookout Joe's on Mt. Lookout Square back in Cincy.)

2 comments:

Carey said...

I like the coffee shop review idea and I enjoyed reading this post! 2 thumbs up!

피터 said...

Hoping to find more gems out there..

Feels like a little bit of home at Coffeest.

I have a new place in mind for tomorrow :)