An Italian friend of mine lives above roasting | mokapresso & hand drip. He doesn't drink coffee, but said it smells great while they are roasting the beans, which must be a pleasant enough way to wake up in the morning. When I ordered Syphon Coffee I was fairly certain some kind of advanced procedure would follow, but I didn't know it would happen at the table. Cool stuff. Anyway the first step in the syphon is to put the grounds in a cup up top and heat the water underneath.
Hansen, Gloria Esteffan (w/ the Miami Sound Machine) and Wham! have provided the last three selections on the radio. There is a couple on a date directly in front of me. It's going well. Next when the boiling begins and the water rises, one removes the flame from beneath the water bulb.At this point the barista and oneself patiently observe the water rise from the lower chamber into the upper. The Barista then carefully stirs the mixture with a wooden spoon (two revolutions).
And at this point the mixture of coffee grinds and hot water cools off and filters its way back into the glass bulb below. Barista then disassembles the syphon and decants the coffee, served with saltine crackers.
Heart's chart-topping power Ballad Alone is playing over the radio. And now after that, These dreams go on when I close my eyes.... I haven't heard that song in while. Lional Ritchie now; they are bringing the hits!!!After all of that, the process was fun to watch, but the coffee was only so-so tasting.
3 comments:
more detail please......this post lacks the required descriptive element
I loved this post!
agreed. Pete is awesome and Barry sucks!
Post a Comment