Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Golden Promise 2


Observation 1: Leon Black is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

Observation 2: If Lance Nix could run the bases as well as a first year coach-pitch player, the Reds would have scored at least one more run in the 4th, and probably would have won tonight. Booo-urns.

Observation 3: Although Golden Promise has a disturbing name that evokes something distilled from the troughs at Wrigley Field, it is a surprisingly nice brew.
My ranking from tonight: Furious > GP2 > 6 month old Hopslam > fresh Leviathan
And honestly, the flavor is right there to compete with all of those (except maybe Furious). Nice carbonation, nice head, nice everything. Very hoppy and biting, but with some sweetness too. Nice job Mr. Spaeth.

4 comments:

피터 said...

Nice! I'm bringing the last of it to my parents' house to cellar.

Also: I made it to the on campus interview round at NYU. I might be heading there on Monday. Then driving to State College Monday night. Then driving to the 'Nati Tuesday. Then flying to Hong Kong on Wednesday.... via Newark.

피터 said...

Also: I don't approve of the spelling of Laynce's name. WTF?

Double also: I've been on a Curb kick lately. The season 5 finale is the best tv episode ever. By far.

My favorite Leon episode is the Anonymous Donor.

Barry said...

Good luck Pete

Barry said...

i had a gp tonight as well