One Dunkel and one Gratan from tonight in Castle Praha. I'm going to come back and add some colorful descriptions after I get some sleep. ...Alright so where were we? Castle Praha is a converted church with pizza and wine upstairs, a rathskellar one floor below street level and further down, the brewing equipment. They make three beers: Dunkel, Pilsner and Gratan. Has anyone heard of Gratan, by the way? Probably I'm remembering the name incorrectly. The beer is standard German brauhaus style. Und die bieren nicht schlecht war! Next time I'll have the Pilsner. It reminds me of Church Brew Works in beer selection and general ambiance. The Dunkel was sessionable. The Gratan had a slight medicine-y flavor to it. Looking forward to the Pilsner in the future.
Guini at Baby Guiness in Itaewon on Sunday. Everyone's had Guiness so I'll stick to trying to describe Itaewon. I liken it too Bourbon Street, or even State College at times. When the GI's and English teachers come out, I go home. But on the plus side plenty of good food in Itaewon exists. I watched the Super Bowl in a bar in Itaewon.Earlier the same night for dinner at Gecko's. Nice place actually.
Food wise, think of the Great Dane; beer wise think Applebees. Outside there is a long and narrow deck overlooking the main intersection. I'm sure I will go back when the weather improves. (Lousy Smarch weather!)
4 comments:
Pete, this makes me sad. Please come home.
So let's talk about June! I am going to be in Le 'Nati for Mel Hart's wedding on June 19th. Was thinking about visiting WI afterward, but why not WI first.
How about it folks? Seoul to Chicago, Van Galder to Madison on say June 12th. Then we could drive up to Chris and Katie's or what have you.
Several hoppy days later I'll make my way to the queen city and then back to seoul.
yes....that's beerfest!
But you were talking about starting on the 10th before. What you say 'bout June 12th - 16th for example?
Post a Comment