Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Church Brew Works


On Labor Day weekend I went down to Pittsburgh for the night to visit some college buddies. Went here. Very cool place. The beer was okay, but not great, and a little experimental. The Rye PA tasted, without exaggerating, like grapefruit juice.

We also had the Stout which tasted strongly of coconut. A little too much like coconut.

On the drink menu they list for each beer the OG and the IBU and the ABV. Did I mention that the former Altar held the fermenters?

Church Brew Works Beer: B.
Church Brew Works Food: A. (I had the Bison Burger.)

4 comments:

Barry said...

Pete, how's your beer coming along? Bottled yet? I bought some brown 16 oz swing top bottles today. Rather psyched.

피터 said...

I will bottle after class tomorrow. I wanted to bottle earlier, but I thought it might help the oak chips to work a little more. And also due to laziness.

I got my Barley Crusher on Tuesday. Sweetness. Double brewing this weekend.

Chris Ferguson said...

Are the swingtops handy? I've been saving my Rogue XS bottles for potential future homebrewing.

Barry said...

They are outstanding

Chris, I believe the time has come for you to join the homebrew nation