I'm behind again and catching up all at once. This one is from Sunday:
Found this Sam Adams Triple Bock at the new beer store the other day. Didn't know anything about it but it looked cool in a little bottle slightly bigger than airplane wine. This is a super-big port-like beer whose closest cousin is probably Dogfish World Wide Stout. Similar chocolately, port-wine flavor and alcohol punch in the face. Also hints of caramel, maple syrup, and raisins/plums. It's a sipper...I've been working on it for about 2 hours now, but still enjoying it. I just looked this up on Beer Advocate, and I guess it hasn't been made since 1997 so this is at least 11 years old. It still tastes great, although the inside of the bottle is now caked with some pretty gross funk. Hopefully I won't die tomorrow. Grade: A-
ps...if anyone wants one of these let me know-I think they had a few more on the shelf and they were only 6 bucks. I'm guessing its a bit too much a.b.v. for you guys though ;)
Found this Sam Adams Triple Bock at the new beer store the other day. Didn't know anything about it but it looked cool in a little bottle slightly bigger than airplane wine. This is a super-big port-like beer whose closest cousin is probably Dogfish World Wide Stout. Similar chocolately, port-wine flavor and alcohol punch in the face. Also hints of caramel, maple syrup, and raisins/plums. It's a sipper...I've been working on it for about 2 hours now, but still enjoying it. I just looked this up on Beer Advocate, and I guess it hasn't been made since 1997 so this is at least 11 years old. It still tastes great, although the inside of the bottle is now caked with some pretty gross funk. Hopefully I won't die tomorrow. Grade: A-
ps...if anyone wants one of these let me know-I think they had a few more on the shelf and they were only 6 bucks. I'm guessing its a bit too much a.b.v. for you guys though ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment