Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halfstravaganza - A Hop Lover's Dream

Duane is the man. All attendees of this weekend's Halfstravaganza were treated to an outright glorious tribute to the all-mighy hop.

Town Hall- Fresh Hop - A hop punch to the face, followed by a hop jab to the gut, ending with a hop punch to ball sack. No balance, all hops, bitter and delicious as hell. A

Port Brew -Hop 15 - Sweeter, more potent but hides the alcohol well. A double that doesn't give into massive booziness in taste. I like that. A -

Russian River- Pliny the Elder - The easiest drinking double IPA I have ever drank. Mellow citrus, lovely clen finish, awesome in it's relative simplicity. A

Alpine Beer Company- Pure Hoppiness - Hoppy and very creamy. Hints of honey? Hopslamish. A -

Surly - Darkness - Most complicated beer I have ever tasted. Whiskey, vanilla, hops, brownies, melted ice cream? Very sweet, very different, very good. A +

No comments: