I'm currently watching hoops in bed and making my way through a growler of Hop Project #12 from Yazoo Brewery (and yes, it was actually served by the guy in this picture who has an epic beard, although I didn't take the picture). It's pretty solid. It has an almost peppery-ness to it. It also has a cool growler top that forms a much better seal than other growlers I've gotten. I'll give the overall experience of the Yazoo tap room and Hop Project #12 an A
For the brewers in the house, here's the description:
"And the hops keep coming... for this rendition of our soon-to-be-world-famous Hop Project Ale, which will be number 12 in the series, we featured two relatively new varieties called Apollo and Bravo. Apollo, which we used in #3 (if I remember right), has a really pungent nose. almost garlicy. Bravo is much more mellow, kind of lemony. They are both bred from a Galena variety to be high-alpha (around 16%) but much more stable in storage. We bittered the beer with Apollo and Zeus in the first wort, then added some Galena, Goldings, and Bravo at 30 minutes, and Simcoe, Goldings, and Bravo at 5 minutes for aroma. Then we dryhopped it with some Goldings and Amarillo. The old calculations say it's over 100 IBUs, which makes us happy."
In other news, I played at least a quarter million dollars worth of guitars and amps today, and hope to surpass that tomorrow. Viva la Nashville.
3 comments:
Nice title!
They had some crazy old time-y swing top growlers at Troegs. I'm not sure why I didn't get one or more.
Evidently because you wanted to hear this sound....BOOOOO-urns!
I'd like some Taquitos
Post a Comment