Hopsolution Ale by Bell's is a strange beer. Firstly, the bottle proclaims this beer is "brewed especially for the people of the great state of Illinois." Oxymoronic, perhaps? Anyways, when I bought this with Duane who, in true Duane form, used his mega -high- powered -analytical- phone to look this beer up while we were in Binny's, I was skeptical. Label doesn't give much away, Duane informed me it was a Double IPA. As for the taste, maybe I'm drinking this beer too cold because there's not much here. No discernible smell, predominantly sweet, semi-astringent finish along with some grapes and banana. Maybe a future drink will vindicate. Until then...a good buzz without much else.
Hmmm...as I am about to post, this beer has warmed and mellowed and improved. I taste tangerine. I like it more. I'll split the difference and wait for another try to be definitive.
3/5
4 comments:
I think Bell's has excellent water chemistry for Ales. I've been thinking lately that New York and New Hampshire and Vermont do not.
I went with bottled spring water for my monster IPA
How can something called Hopsolution by Bell's not be good?
Intriguing water choice. Let me know how it turns out. For instance was the initial fermentation vigorous?
It is a conundrum......
Post a Comment