I do a straight up comparison if I had the resources, but this reminds me of a Lambic (non-fruit that is) combined with an IPA, and the best qualities of both appear. The bottle is brown and there is absolutely no skunky-ness here.
Now, apropos of nothing I will rate my preferred styles in order of preference: Stout (Coffee, Chocolate, Oatmeal, Milk then Russian), IPA, APA, Lambic, Pilsner, Wheat, Barley Wine, Strong Ale. Imperials are always better than not and no matter what, Maibocks, Bocks and Ambers are toward the end of the list.
Next up... Troegs Sunshine Pils
4 comments:
Victory just showed up in Big Red. They have this one and Hopdevil...I think I'll try both.
I'm surprised you don't like strong ales...they would be one of my top 3 competing with IPA and Stout.
Had a Sunshine Pils last week...review pending once I find the camera again to post the picture. I was not impressed.
Also, you neglected to rate Porters.
I had this tonight. It was ok. Not my style...I prefer Weizens, Wits and Sours when I think of summer/light beers.
I agree about the neglect of porter. the devil over a barrel I'm having right now is probably one of my ten favorites.
I forgot about Porters. I guess I would put them in 4th or 5th place, without being able to see my original list.
Porters always seem like weak stouts.
Post a Comment