Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Russian River Supplication - Enjoy my original photo!


Russian River Supplication - The first beer from my first trade that involved shipping beer. This one was well worth it. This is a brown ale aged for 14 months in Pinot Noir barrels with Brettanomyces wild yeast and Lactobacillus and Pedicoccus bacteria. Aromas of oak and vanilla and sour goodness. The taste is very pleasantly sour and a strong lemon and cherry tones. Extremely carbonated, but in a good way. Not as musty as a gueuze. I love sour beers and whole-heartedly enough you homebrewers to attempt to brew one.

4.8/5

5 comments:

Barry said...

What'd ya get!?

milwaukeeclassic said...

The first box yielded:
Russian River Supplication
Russian River Beatification
Russian River Temptation
HOTD Blue Dot
Maui Brewing Coconut Porter
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura
Deschutes Obsidian Stout

of which, I have only tried the Supplication and the Obsidian Stout

milwaukeeclassic said...

My second box is not here yet (should be here next week), but should include some more Russian River stuff including Pliny the Elder and the Blind Pig IPA.

피터 said...

Looks fantastic.

In homebrewing news, I found a wine making store north of Altoona that may have supplies. Going to investigate today.

Planning to clone a small batch of Pliny the Elder if they have enough hops.

I do want to make something lambic-y in the future.

Barry said...

My IPA has been bottled.......deliciousness to follow