First...a review from a killer bar in Grand Rapids that I went to last week. It's draft options included offerings from Bell's, New Holland, Dark Horse, Arcadia, Founder's and several other killer Michigan breweries. If you're ever in Grand Rapids, hit up Billy's...kind of a Luther's Blues meets Great Dane kind of vibe. Big Fan.
The best of the bunch: Arcadia Hopmouth Double IPA. This was truly great...I had 3 or 4 of them. It was bordering on the too sweet side, and very malty, but had just enough hop punch to make it perfect. If you can find this anywhere, grab one. 4.7/5.
Finally, I had a Magic Hat Hocus Pocus. Seems to be quite hated on Rate Beer, but I liked it. One of the better wheats I've had lately. Very summery. 3.8/5
4 comments:
Very interesting. I've found Acadia beers to be ridiculously over-carbonated.
I had it on draft and if anything that version made it a little on the flat side
On the plus side...Chris is alive!
Chris...glad to also see you're alive. Keep working hard, the draft is approaching! Duane, I eagerly await my bobble head.
Post a Comment