Thursday, July 31, 2008

XI


Resplendent. Another anniversary offering that popped up at the store this week. 3 Floyd's Fantabulous Resplendence XI. This one is an IPA (I guess the X is a strong ale...is that the one everyone else has had?) This was really good I thought. It has a slightly watery or subdued flavor too it, which was very unexpected from a floyd's, but it is still very flavorful, if that makes sense. Pretty great. Malty, hoppy, balanced...I really liked it. I'll get more if they have them when I'm there next. 4.6/5

In other news, I taste tested the Stone Chocolate Oatmeal and the Boris last night together, and I thought the Stone SMOKED the Boris. No contest. It's WAY better, even on a second taste test.

3 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

No fucking way is the Stone 12th better than the Boris...the Stone is way too chocolaty.

Barry said...

I had the X, and wasn't thrilled. Hey Chris, if I can't find this is Naperville can you bring one to the draft for me?

Chris Ferguson said...

yes...yes I can.