Friday, October 31, 2008

Attack of the great pumpkin!


No, I don't have a pumpkin ale to review tonight. I actually looked for one last weekend, despite the fact I hate them, but couldn't find anything that wasn't lame. So, instead I've got a beer with fall leaves on the label, which is at least mildly seasonal. Decent trick-or-treat turnout tonight, but not overwhelming. Katie got 2 bags of candy which I thought was going to be WAYYYY short of demand, but as it turned out we probably didn't even go through one bag. Oh well, more for me.

Back to the beer: Allagash Dubbel Reserve. I don't think I've ever had a Dubbel I didn't like. The trend continues. This is good. Not the best ever, and less sweet than a lot of them, but still good. My taste buds are a bit off at the moment because I've been playing guitar with a brass slide, and accidentally licked my finger (I spilled beer on my hand, if you must know) and now all I taste is brass, which does not really compliment anything well. From what I recall before this rather tragic mistake, it's a little more dry, less sweet, and more fruity than the average Dubbel, but none of those things are really negatives except maybe the level of sweetness (no candy sugar flavor). I like it though. Grade: A-

No comments: