Central Waters Stout, courtesy of Barry - thanks! Vanilla is the most prominent flavor. A wee bit watery. Sweet and dry. The aroma is not strong. To be honest, it is on par with the coffee stout I made in the fall. There is a coffee shop here which sells 'Donut Shop Blend' coffee and this reminds me of that. (What a sentence.)

The following bottle used to hold the gold standard among coffee stouts and none has compared so far. I don't know if I rated this last fall, but I held on to the bottle, simply because of its utter and complete awesome-ness. Someone (milwaukeeclassic) should attest to the quality of Speedway Stout.
6 comments:
So...what's the grade?
I may have to disagree on the Speedway as the standard, but it's well respected for sure.
I guess a B for Central Waters. Maybe an A/B, depending on their homework grade.
I really do think Speedway Stout is outstanding. What do you regard as good or better so I can seek it out?
Speedway is hot shit!
Did we have a Speedway at my house last year?
Pretty sure we did...it is readily available in OH and Pete and I got a fair amount then.
Post a Comment