Today's candidate: St. Bernardus Prior 8
Verdict: It's a great beer, but fails in being Pere-like. The main difference is that it has more of the fruity, raison-y ness and less of the creamy sugary caramel taste. An A beer, but it misses the mark as a Pere clone. The quest continues.
5 comments:
There is a TON of Pere Jacques 2008 in Madison...am I'm missing something.
There is none here, so I'm sad.
I'll readily admit that I think I like it a disproportionate amount for how good it probably is, but it's always been one of my top 10 beers for whatever reason.
Well...you are coming up in a couple of weeks right...for Steepwater?
Yes, I'll load up then. I've only ever seen 2007 ones, so I assumed they only made it that one time.
what's all this I hear about you coming up? When? Where? For how long? etc. etc.
Post a Comment