Monday, February 18, 2008

Email roundup

In the 10 days or so before Henry K. Duff opened shoppe we discussed the following (incomplete) list of beers. In paranthesis are the drinkers

(B) Bells two hearted, Bells Hopslam, Dark Horse Imperial Stoudt, Chimay Red, Furthermore Make Weight, Left Hand Warriors IPA

(C) Goose Island Pere Jacques, Tylenol Cold + Flu, Bells Double Cream Stoudt

(D) Furthermore Make Weight, Sint Bernandus Abt 12, Unibroue Trois Pistoles, Lake Louie Tap Arena APA and Mr. Mephisto, Tyranena Tap Chief Blackhawk Porter and Hop Whore, Goose Island Imperial

(P) Stone IPA, Sposborth IPA, Otto's Double D Imperial IPA, Bell's Two Hearted, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Also some funny quotations.

"We're all drinking all the time." (C)
"I wish to have a torrid affair with a hop plant" (B)
"Variety is not the spice of life." (D)

and my favorite

"From now on, I am only drinking 'imperial' beers." (D)

2 comments:

Barry said...

I am so damn happy to see so many hoppy beers on this list. Pete, I'm especially looking in your general direction.

Barry said...

I also enjoyed Chris's round-up and how he adds a "d" to stout.