Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In honor of the Ellington European Vacation...


...I'm drinking a weird Belgian beer. Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel. Here's the official description: A unique marriage between the English tradition of IPAs, the new American revolution of Imperial IPAs and the classic Belgian way of brewing.
To me, it looks and tastes almost exactly like a Hoegarden...maybe a bit stronger and a little more flavor. It would probably benefit from an orange, which I probably actually have in the kitchen, but am too lazy to go check and see. Really good. I'll give it a 4.6/5. I'd definately hit it again, although it was pretty pricey. Bonus points for the happy gnome on the bottle. Unseen in the picture is the giant mess created when I popped the top and got a massive explosion everywhere. It was like a 5th grade science fair. No major casualties though.

1 comment:

milwaukeeclassic said...

The Houblon is top shelf. I've had it before (in Madison) and I also liked it.