Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This things I believe

I've decided that a homebrewed beer is to commercial beer as a live bootleg album is to commercial music. When it's good, it can not be beat. From now on I will only listen to live bootlegs and drink local beer.

I went to the brew-pub a few months ago and asked the bartender to mix an apricot wheat and cask conditioned IPA. It was darn good. I wonder what other combinations would mix well. Probably Java Stout and a Chocolate Stout would make a really good brew. Or a really bad brew, and this weekend I intend to find out.

Back to my Erie Brewing Pilsner. (which isn't very good.)

2 comments:

Barry said...

Common lesson in Beer 101 Pete: Pilners are for pussies (and lagers still blow)

피터 said...

Put down your latte; being in Madison has disassociated your good sense. (And your ability to spell... zing!)