
Hey...checking in from the beach in DE. Lots of good stuff has been enjoyed thus far.
First off-
Flying Fish Hopfish IPA. This is one of my favorite IPA's yet. Very malty and flavorful, creamy, hoppy. Perfect balance of flavors-I could literally drink this all day and not get tired of it. Quite possibly the best thing ever to come out of New Jersey.
A+

Next was a trip to the Dogfish Head brewpub. Sampled there were the Shelter Pale ale, 90 min, 120 min, and the best of the bunch, the
Palo Santo Marron. This is the one that's made in the crazy tanks made out of Brazilian rainforest wood. It's a strong ale that is kind of inbetween something like an oak arrogant bastard and a unibroue. I loved it. Very flavorful. I think it's going to be a year round bottle product, so keep an eye out for it soon if not already. I also really loved the growler of
90 minute that I downed yesterday. yum. I'm not sure I'd actually ever had it before. It's the perfect double IPA for me-very malty and lots of thick flavor. Not a hop assault. A+ all around for the whole experience.
4 comments:
State College Brew Expo on Saturday. Chris, and Buck too, why not come up? And bring me some Dogfish Head and something from the Ram's Head.
Chris I have now called, text-ed, blogged and emailed you to come up. By law you are now legally bound to attend the Expo.
No can do for me. I'm heading to Asheville, NC tomorrow for the week. But anything called a Brew Expo sounds like a good thing to me.
Chris, bring the fish ipa back with you!
I tried to get more but they were out when I went back :(
Post a Comment