My friend Matt brought a ton of Sposborth up last weekend to sustain us while brewing last Friday. This particular bomber, which I brewed during Spring Break, had been sitting in his basement for a few months. Boy am I glad it aged so well.
The pint glass to the left holds the majority of the 22oz-er and then I poured the dregs into the smaller glasses. The glass to the right is nasty and yeasty. Guaranteed wind in a bottle. What really surprises me is the difference in quality from the top to the bottom of the bottle.
As for the beer, I think it tastes great, and many times better than the Sposborth Honey American Pale Ale. For the time being I don't want to add honey to any homebrews. You'll laugh, but I think it tastes like Furious.
The bad news is that there is none left, but the good news is that the current batch in the fermenter will be even better. When beer comes out this good homebrewing is so worth it.
2 comments:
All hail Sploogeborth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
racked my IIPA to the secondary tonight. It was an utter quagmire. I'll blog it out tomorrow.
Post a Comment