Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Avast!


Clipper City Heavy Seas Peg Leg Imperial Stout. A long name for a pretty good beer. This is a very mild tasting Imp Stout...very un-Raspy. Mellow, mild, smooth-those sorts of adjectives. Not overly flavorful, and I guess not very memorable but tasty and enjoyable. I'd be comfortable recommending this one to people who couldn't handle a Raspy. It's like a slightly "imperialized" Guiness. 4/5.

6 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

I just discovered you can click on pictures and get the full sized versions. Did everyone else already know that? Now I can read the labels!

Chris Ferguson said...

Follow up: Java Stout tastes less good following a mellow taste like this. I think I drank them in the wrong order. Anyone else had similar experiences of beers that have to lead off instead of hit down in the order?

Chris Ferguson said...

Follow up to the follow up: Pretzel rods make good palate cleansers. I recommend Snyder's and Mike Sell's or Grippo's if you're in the Greater Cincy area. Sourdough is optional.

피터 said...

A brew on your bassman?

Chris Ferguson said...

I'm running out of interesting ways to take a picture of a beer.

Barry said...

The crappy Skins glass doesn't help